Join the 4CSD BoardInterested in becoming a 4CSD board member? You can use the nomination form to express your interest, or to nominate someone else. Nominations and board elections occur at the annual conference each spring.
Download the forms below.
NEW Professional Development/FLEX Community
We are very excited to announce that we now have access to a NEW Professional Development/FLEX Community in which we can share announcements, solicit ideas for good trainers/presenters, share documents and materials, ask questions and get help from other professional development practitioners! This online community is a place just for us to connect, share, and learn from each other.To access the Professional Development/FLEX Community:
- You must have a Vision Resource Center (previously Professional Learning Network) account. For those that do not, please register for an account here.
- Once logged into the Vision Resource Center website, click on “Enter the Vision Resource Center” button; this will drop you into the portal
- On the top navigation bar, you will see Connect. Hover over and choose ‘All Communities’
- From the list of communities, find and click on CCC|Professional Development
- Once in the Professional Development community, click Join Community in top right hand corner
- Follow topics, start discussions, post suggestions and share files!
- Moving forward, you can only enter this portal via the Vision Resource Center website, so please bookmark it!
This is an exciting time for Professional Development! It is important that we stay connected with each other, share best practices, and advocate for funding and other resources that will support the excellent work we do in our Professional Development programs. The Professional Development/FLEX Community is a tool we can use to help us accomplish that and I hope that you find it to be a valuable resource for you! If you have any questions, please send me an email or give me a call at 661.362.3100.
What is 4CSD?The California Community College Council for Staff and Organizational Development is an organization that provides training resources and networking opportunities for staff development professionals of the California community colleges.
Among the many services it provides, 4CSD:
- Promotes leadership in staff, program, and organizational development.
- Provides education for the staff developers regarding the principles of staff and organizational development.
- Provides training in developing, implementing, and evaluating effective staff development programs.
- Provides regional and statewide workshops and conferences.
- Serves as a liaison between the State Chancellor’s office and the colleges regarding staff development issues and serves as an advocate for Staff Development.